Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Warehouse sales


I'm very happy when a brand I like is having a warehouse sale. Particularly if it's at Christmas and not very far away.

The Have You Met Miss Jones warehouse sale is on this Friday and Saturday. I've never actually been to one of their sales before, and am not even sure I can make this one, but hear they're good. It's the bone china Christmas decorations that I'd be looking out for.

If I do go, I'll also check out the Sambag warehouse sale around the corner at 297 Bourke Rd, Waterloo. That one's open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am-4pm. Again, never been but I'm very partial to their sandals and ballet flats and must admit to owning a few cashmere scarves and a silk slip dress. Oh, okay, and a couple of handbags.

One of which was slung over my shoulder one afternoon a couple of years ago as I was entering The Child's primary school to pick her up. I heard the old staff-room window rattle open from above and then the principal shouting out "Fabulous bag, Vera!" before slamming the window shut and returning to, I assume, more educational business.

He's quite the dapper dresser himself. If only they did menswear.

Image via Have You Met Miss Jones.

1 comment: