Thursday, December 15, 2011

Icing on the cake


Today was all about painting lattice. And painting lattice. And painting even more lattice.

So now I've shut the door on the apocalyptic garden and have come inside to fiddle about with pretty things again. Like this vintage icing sugar shaker (or so I'm told that's what it is) I picked up last weekend that's a teeny bit rusty around the rim but perfect for glitter.

While I slaved away outside, The Child noted the absence of any home-cooked baking so asked if she could make a cake entirely by herself. If the smell that's filling the kitchen right now is anything to go by, this is going to be the best carrot cake with cream-cheese icing ever.

She even left the kitchen spotless (it was quite the opposite when I popped in midway through prep to get a glass of water. I didn't say a word.)

Sweet girl.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture, and what a lovely sugar shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl indeed, she sounds an absolute star! Gorgeous vintage piece, totally covetable.

    ReplyDelete