Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bed time


I wasn't even looking for bedlinen. Really I wasn't. Which is always the time you find the best stuff, and my favourite way to shop.

I was doing the grocery shopping and next stop was Herbie's Spices in Rozelle, when I found a park just opposite and right out the front of Vivalino, a tiny shop which stocks French-style bedlinen. Vivalino with a 50 per cent-off-everything-in-the-shop sign displayed in the window. Sceptical, as thinking they'd probably hidden away all the good stuff, I went in. And just as well. The shop looked the same as when I'd last popped in and the sale had just started.

I didn't go nuts, but I did bring home two Bianca Lorenne grey-linen Euro pillowcases for a grand total of $80. I already have some pillowcases and teatowels from the same range and it is the loveliest linen around. That very soft, best straight-off-the-clothes-line crumpled linen.

Surely, a reward to rest my weary head after all that grocery shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, unplanned shopping is when I always find the best things! The other time I find great stuff is when I'm strapped for cash! So unfair. I'll have to keep an eye out for that brand, those pillowcases are divine.

    ReplyDelete