Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scooped


Despite my favourite market haunts being almost washed out over the last couple of weekends, I did manage to pick up this glass scoop, $10, from Rozelle Markets. Initially thought I'd use it for flour but found I didn't want to part with the old cup I was already using.

So I popped it on top of a cabinet I have in the kitchen to think about later. Found myself dropping rings into it when I wanted to cook. Earrings started to find their way there too, as they tend to irritate my skin after a while. It wasn't meant to be a permanent arrangement, more of a holding pen till I tidied up. But I like the way the scoop sparkles in the sun, so it's staying for now.

For a look at lovely vintage finds of others this week, go here.

4 comments:

  1. That scoop is beautiful! I just love it. It would be pretty in a guest bath with some pretty scented soap shavings/curls or bath salts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a glass scoop. How unique and I'm sure you will find many such uses for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is gorgeous. And how wonderful that it discovered it's own special way to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a scoop made of glass before Vera...it's nice to use things in unexpected ways I think.

    ReplyDelete