Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The perfect T-shirt


I bought this white T-shirt from Seed Femme. I then went back to the QVB shop and bought two more, another white and a grey (the latter doesn't seem to be available online). It's the perfect T-shirt to wear with jeans.

Perfect because it's a great length and shaped at the waist so that it's slouchy without being boxy. I cut the tab detail off the sleeves as it seemed a bit fussy to me and so that I was in control of how far I wanted the sleeves rolled, if at all.

It's hard to find good-quality T-shirts as manufacturers often try to fit all shapes and sizes into one style, which ends up not flattering anyone. I like my T-shirts fitted without being clingy, long enough so I'm not doing the midriff thing and well cut around the shoulder and armhole or the T-shirt makes me look bigger than I am.

Why are basics so often hard to get right?

Image via Seed Femme

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I'm actually on the hunt for exactly this kind of t-shirt or shirt. Thanks for the heads up. Seed it is! :-)

    p.s. dropping by from Simone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like THE perfect T. I'm in total agreement re the midriff issue. Thanks for sharing.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh thanks for the link, I am so there...

    ReplyDelete