Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Natural selection


I couldn't open a link to the Book Depository fast enough when I discovered the queen of seed head linocuts, wood engravings and screenprints, Angie Lewin, had a book out that contains more than 80 of her prints.


If you don't know her, she's a British artist who often draws her inspiration from the type of nature many of us would just walk past, ie, seed heads, grasses and even weeds.


She then takes the inspiration and transforms it with a mid-century type of style referenced through 21st century eyes.


If the book wasn't so beautifully bound I'd rip it up and stick the pages all over my walls.


I still might.


To see more of her work, go here.

Images in order after cover: Salthouse, pg 53, Spey Path I, pg 105, Winter Spey, pg 113, Agapanthus, pg 123, The Moonlit Cup, p167

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is stunning, I love this artist and have often wanted to know more about her. She illustrates that great English mag Gardens Illustrated which I adore. Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete