Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dukkah days


I use this homemade dukkah on everything. Well, almost.

I throw it on a chicken, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwich, in salads, on hummous, in a tuna wrap, on top of pan-fried fish with a side of pea puree, the table as a dip with olive oil. It's become a staple in our pantry thanks to the taste and ease of making.

I doubt my version is traditional as I've added ingredients I like and subtracted those I don't, which is what I'd recommend you do if you make it.

  • 50g hazelnuts
  • 50g sesame seeds
  • 25g coriander seeds
  • 15g cumin seeds
  • 10g nigella seeds

Dry roast the hazelnuts in the oven till golden (takes about 5-7 mins in a 180 oven).
Put everything else in a frying pan and toast till fragrant.
Mix everything together and coarsely grind in batches with a pestle and mortar. Add salt to taste.
Done.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for popping by Beach Vintage. I love the article that you posted. Makes me want to get crafty! Simone xx

    ReplyDelete