Monday, January 24, 2011

Chair lift


Found this chair dumped on a footpath just before Christmas. Only difference being it was orange then. Quite a nice 50s beach-house coral, in fact, but I don't live in a 1950s beach house so I gave it a lick of Farrow & Ball's Oval Room Blue.

Farrow & Ball isn't available in Australia, but I'd been sent a sample pot last year when Jo Malone produced some candles in Farrow & Ball colours. I finally found a use for the paint yesterday. It's a beautiful blue-grey, not unlike Porter's Explorer Blue.

The end result is a bit blue-green grey thanks to the all-purpose clear sealer I applied over the paint. Not as clear as you'd imagine but was I fine with the eucalyptusy effect it was producing so went with it.


The jug was an impulsive buy on Saturday when I popped into the Granny Square in Newtown to pick up some more cotton for the hexagon rug I'm crocheting. Was lured into the nearby Kerrie Lowe Gallery on King Street by all the ceramics twinkling at me in the window. Left with the jug, by Meredith Stewart. Handmade loveliness for just $39.

No comments:

Post a Comment